The contents of this website are personal and do not reflect any position of the US Government or the Peace Corps.

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Market Day in Leonora


It’s becoming a habit to meet up with Gloria, from Temptations (a snackette very near my house) at 7:30 Saturday morning to go shopping at the Leonora Market. Gloria knows the best vendors as she shops for lots of produce every week. Now that I have a fridge, I bought fish for the first time since living on my own. It was delicious. Since the produce is all locally grown, it varies little from week to week. I have about 5 standard meals that I cook using what’s available. If I liked eggplant (called balanjay) and ocher, I'd have several more.


Peppers and balanjay.
Pine




This butcher means business!
Beef for sale

Beautiful Gloria shopping! (the other beautiful Gloria)


Fisherman selling his wares.

Snapper
Crab in a barrel!


Pumpkin, pumpkin everywhere!!



Handsome cab driver drives right through the market.


3 comments:

  1. Shopping looks way better than I'd imagined. Glad you're getting fresh snapper! Great photos. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foooood!!! My favorite!!! Everything looks fresh and delicious. Have a bite for me!

    ReplyDelete